The internet has made everything easier for us. Previously, even to buy a simple bike insurance plan, a person had to make several trips to the office of the insurance provider and that too with file loaded with ample of documents. Nowadays, all you have to do is go online. You can buy the plan instantly with just a few basic documents and enjoy a good insurance cover. And guess what? You also end up saving a lot of money in the process. Read on to know more.
Bike insurance policies at reasonable prices
As mentioned above, the prices of the online bike insurance plans are actually lower than their offline counterparts. So not only do you quickly and conveniently get the insurance cover, you also get an economical deal. But how do the insurance companies offer their products so cheaply over the internet? Well, the answer is rather simple. They save a lot of money because there is minimal human involvement. It is all computerised and digitalised and so they have to hire fewer people. Then, the office expenses and the administrative costs are reduced too due to less paperwork. So the insurers share their profits with you by offering the bike insurance plans at lower rates.
Tips To Reduce Your Bike Insurance Premium
Here are some tips to help you reduce your bike insurance premium even further”
- Compare: It is always a good idea to compare the available options before you buy a two wheeler insurance plan for yourself. It is very simple to compare the plans. All you have to do is go online, fill in your details, the details about your bike and enter some preferences about the kind of cover you are looking for. Once that is done, the insurance broker’s website such as Coverfox.com will show you all the available two wheeler insurance plans along with their rates. You can quickly choose the most affordable option and make a purchase.
- Install safety features: A bike insurance plan covers your vehicle against theft as well. So if you have a safety feature like an anti-theft gadget installed in your bike, it becomes less susceptible to burglary risks. The insurance company, in recognition of this, reduces the premium of the policy.
- Check for the NCB: If you have some no claim bonus accumulated from the previous years, make sure your insurance provider honours it. The NCB comes in the form of a discount on the current premium of the plan. So after deducting the no claim bonus, your premium will be lesser for sure. The NCB ranges from 20% to 50% for 5 consecutive claim free years.
- Increase the deductible: If you increase your deductible, the premium on your bike insurance policy will come down. However, there is a catch here – only opt to reduce your deductible if you are fully confident of your own riding skills. The deductible is the amount of the claim that you pay. So if you are very confident that you won’t have to make too many high-value claims, opt for a high deductible. Else, keep a reasonable deductible amount and pay the rest as the premium.
- Opt for the annual premium payment option: You get a discount when you opt for the annual premium payment option, as compared to the semi-annual or quarterly options. So this is another way in which you can reduce your bike insurance premium. Besides, opting for long-term bike insurance would fetch you a good discount too. You would be saved from the third-party insurance premium that hikes each financial year.
A bike insurance plan is highly beneficial to a person who owns a two wheeler. It is easy to procure and very affordable as well. If you have a bike with you and are looking to buy a good two wheeler insurance policy, go online and explore the options. Once you locate the best bike insurance plan, make an online payment and get the insurance cover instantly. It actually is as simple as it sounds. So what are you waiting for? Log in, compare and find the most suitable bike insurance for your precious two wheeler.